Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Color Wheel...

One thing I figured out while owning a red brick home, is that a red front door doesn't necessarily stand out...so back when we updated the mailbox (see post here), I decided to go ahead and paint the door the same tan color.

Here is what it looked like when we bought the place back in September:

And this is what it looked like after I painted it the tan color.
But after looking at the drab color for more than a week, I decided, NOPE, tan is also not a fancy color to use with a brick house. I did some research on front door colors and there was everything from fushion to turquoise, but I finally decided on yellow. Yes, yellow. I know it seems like a pretty intense color, but it looks really good with the brick (and I think it shows my creative side :)).


So, after 4 coats of yellow (because I painted it one yellow and it looked like a pollen ballon exploded on it) I decided on this mustard-y color. I think it turned out pretty good!

Doesn't it look much better than that crummy 'ole red door? Don't get my wrong. Red doors were all the rave at the old house when our house was painted brick, but not so much this time...

Well happy Sunday everyone. We have lots of projects in the mix right now so hopefully I'll be able to update le blog later in the week. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment