Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sunkissed and Cookouts

First and foremost I left out a few details in my previous post about our Board and Batten wall treatment. Just for knowledge, the bottom of the 6in horizontal strip is exactly 4ft from the top of the baseboard. The 2in perpendicular pieces are 10in apart. And finally, the green paint above the treatment is the same green that we used in the kitchen, Behr's Silver Sage.

I hope that clears that up. Now, to the new post...

Ok, if you haven't figured it out by now, Gregory the boys and I spent 3 fabulous days at the lake. The weather was wonderful and I needed some serious R&R. Because I wasn't able to post while I was there, there is now an overload of pictures to be blogged :). So enjoy!

This was my view for most of the time. I had a book (Return to Sullivans Island by Dorethea Benton Frank - Exhibit A) and a frozen margarita in my hands 99% of the time and boy, it was just what the doctor ordered.


Exhibit A-
Then of course all that rest and relaxation made me super sleepy so Exhibt B shows my "nap time" while enjoying the cool breeze and swaying hammock.

Later we found a GORGEOUS Hydrangea plant and I HAD to take some pictures of it. It was the most amazing color purple/blue I had ever seen.



Again, to remind you all where I spent most of the time, please see Exhibit C which shows me yet again, in the hammock. This is a great picture that depicts a day in the life of lake living. I can't believe Duke looked at the camera!


Like I said before, we had so many good pictures that there were just too many to post, so I had to make some collages. Duke is always my model and Rhett, well, he's usually on land somewhere taking a nap...


So, that's all I have so far. It was a fantastic time and we can't wait to go back. It's a great place to unwind and take a load off (and read a good book while cemented to a hammock :)).
Happy Tuesday everyone! Stay tuned for our next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment